Iced Brown Sugar Vanilla Latte

  1. Add 1.5 tablespoons of brown sugar
  2. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
  3. Add 1 shot of espresso
  4. Froth it with a frothed for 30 seconds
  5. Add five ice cubes
  6. Add ½ cup milk
  7. Enjoy the mix of coffee and brown sugar

I spent a good part of yesterday playing Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. There are a lot of similarities with its predecessor including its ability to suck me in for really long stretches of time.

Pizza Pot Pie Recipe

  • 2 20oz oven safe bowls
  • 1 lb bag of premade pizza dough from the supermarket
  • 10 slices of mozzarella cheese
  • 24oz jar of bolognese style pasta meat sauce
  • 8 white button mushrooms
  • 10 pepperonis
  1. Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator and let it get up to room temperature and rise a little bit.
  2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  3. Split the dough into two sections.
  4. Roll out the dough to the a size where it drapes over the side of the bowl and kind of wraps around (it will probably be a little thick).
  5. Set the dough aside.
  6. Grease the inside of a bowl using butter, olive oil or cooking spray so the cheese won’t stick to the bottom of the bowl.
  7. Line the bowl with the slices of cheese. They should overlap to prevent gaps and should also cover the entire bottom of the bowl.
  8. Add 4 of the mushrooms into the bowl on top of the cheese.
  9. Place 5 pepperonis into the bowl in between and on top of the mushrooms.
  10. Pour the meat sauce into the bowl (I used a little less than half of the container for each bowl).
  11. Lay the pizza dough over the top of the bowl so it drapes over the edge almost to the counter.
  12. Grease the outside of the bowl with butter, olive oil or cooking spray so the dough won’t stick to the bowl.
  13. Press the dough against the sides of the bowl to form a nice sealed package.
  14. Repeat for the second pie.
  15. Place both bowls on a baking sheet in case there is spillage.
  16. Put the baking sheet with the pies in the oven for 35 minutes.
  17. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes.
  18. Using pot holders or oven mitts place transfer the bowl to a plate.
  19. Hold a large spoon between plate and the bowl and with an oven mitt on top flip the bowl over.
  20. Use the spoon to separate the dough from the sides of the bowl and remove the bowl.
  21. Scoop any extra cheese out of the bowl into the pie

Trip to Chicago

Last weekend, my wife and I went on a weekend getaway to Chicago and had a fantastic time. I think it was the first time we went on a flight somewhere without the kids since our trip to Iceland back in 2014. We flew Southwest out of Manchester, NH on Friday night and landed at Chicago Midway around 8:30. On the ride to the hotel, I ordered my first pizza of the weekend from Giordano’s. It took about an hour for it to get delivered to the hotel, but it was really good. a slice of chicago deep dish pizza

In the morning we woke up and went out for breakfast at Goddess and the baker. I had a cinnamon roll cruffin and had a hard time figuring out whether to use a fork and knife or just use my hands.

We checked out Cloud Gate sculpture, aka the Bean exterior picture of the cloud gate bean in chicago reflective picture from underneath the cloud gate bean in chicago

I had another slice of pizza from the The Art of Pizza Slice of deep dish pizza

Next we went to the Field Museum

SUE t-rex from Chicago field museum

Wandered by the waterfront before dinner. couple along he waterfront with the Chicago skyline in the background

Had an amazing tapas dinner at Mercat

woman sipping a cocktail in a restaurant booth

The capstone of the visit was checking out the famous Pizza Pot Pie from Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company chicago pizza and oven grinder’s famous pizza pot pie

Another highlight was seeing riding bikes along the lakefront using Divvy rental bikes. woman laughing while holding a bicycleselfie of a man riding a bike with a woman riding closely behind him

My 2022/2023 ski season just came to an end with a fantastic final weekend at Sunday River. Thanks to the Slopes app I track my activity. I skied 501 runs across 26 days and reached a top speed of 56.6 MPH. Here is a video I put together for the Last Ski Weekend

Another fantastic March ski weekend at Sunday River. The 4-6 inches of new snow was just enough to make the woods covered again.

I love the “Made for You” playlists in Apple Music they have helped me find great new music and also rediscover old favorite songs. I just don’t understand why it always takes 15-20 seconds for it to do the weekly update when you tap on the list on or after its update day.

For three years now I have been walking along the river every weekday and often see this heron. The cold weather over the weekend had me worried about it, but I am happy to report it was back this morning enjoying the “warm” sun in one of its favorite fishing and resting spots.