A Super Busy Sunday

Kaleb: Day 442

I know it has been a long time, but the photos and movie here should make up for the long delay. The movie is something I put together from the videos I recorded while in Florida. I was able to put it together while on the flight from Orlando to Baltimore. We have now been back for a week and thankfully the weather has been miserable so we are much more appreciative of the nice weather we experienced in Florida. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first day of many gorgeous and warm days to come. As for today it was pretty miserable out with rain and an unparalleled rawness. We started the day with a visit to Brendan’s house. After that we moved on to a breakfast at Bickford’s with friends. It was pretty crazy in there, but I was able to enjoy some yummy french toast. Finally we went over to the Kid’s Playground, an indoor playground with all sorts of different fun activities for children. Kaleb really liked it a lot and wandered all over the place, he has grown up so much over the last month.

We finally made it home and he had a nice walk with his mom along the river while I napped. Once they returned Kaleb and I went outside to investigate the tree out back and to take the new arbor out of the box. It was nice to have a little helper following me around while I moved stuff around and dug with the shovel. The day ended with another battle at bedtime. Over the last two weeks Kaleb has hated taking a bath and will only stand in the tub before freaking out and trying to climb out. We don’t exactly know what happened, but the one thing that seems to have helped lately is to have Jennifer hop in first and then slowly get Kaleb into the tub. We continue to try and work this out. Next up was the nightmare of actually going to sleep. Ever since we went on vacation it has been a nearly hour long chore of trying to get Kaleb to sleep. He pretty much goes crazy and starts bawling and stands up the second you put him down in the crib. My method last night was to continually lay him back down on his back and repeat for about a half dozen times before holding him and calming him down for about a minute. I would then continue the process of laying him down on his back again. I think this went on for about 40 minutes before he finally fell asleep. Tonight we discussed plans for fixing this situation. The only conclusion we have come to is that the “sleeping in our bed” thing is starting to effect his initial sleeping in his crib part of the night. Still now sure if we have the energy or will power to keep him in his crib all night.